Hi,

I agree totally with Larry. OpenJump is already a very productive editing tool.
Connecting routines which are used hundreds of times per day to menu shortcut
or toolbar button does not only speed up the work but it also cuts down the
number of errors, and perhaps most important, it makes the work much less
irritating. And it seems to be that a very useful features can be added by
writing a lines of scripting code. I think that we should have a script library
somewhere in OpenJump wiki. As an example I must create some screen captures
about how to use a fine script made by Larry for assisting in generating Web
Coverage Service requests. I also notised a Jython script for measuring
distance between two selected features from GvSIG mailing list.  Perhaps it
could be modified to work with OpenJump as well because the real work is done
by JTS.  Link to this sript is here:

http://n2.nabble.com/Distance-using-Jython-td4139275.html#a4139275

What I am missing most in OpenJump is the ability to write edited data back to
the database.

-Jukka Rahkonen-