I often keep 5 to 10 emails in my inbox for answering later or for reference.
Usually that's no problem. But occasionally if I have many emails in the inbox,
the oldest ones vanish. They do not get deleted to trash. They are simply gone.
Forever. Lately I have been having a problem with lots of spam, so my inbox has
been getting very full. Today I lost about 5 emails I needed. Any ideas why
this happens and how to prevent it?