I believe its POP3, but I don't know how to check that. At any rate, I don't
believe this is caused outside K-9. It only happens when the inbox gets full,
maybe 30 emails. But it's certainly under 50. I don't know the exact number,
because it happens suddenly and randomly. And infrequently. I can go months
without a problem.  And when they vanish, the inbox becomes empty. It shows no
messages. So it's not a matter of showing only the first ones. There is nothing
there anymore.