To: "Kiyo Inaba" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <kaffe@kaffe.org>
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2008 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [kaffe] Kaffe (ARM Cross-Compile using GNU EABI)

Kiyo Inaba wrote:
Hi Galvez,

I am trying to cross compile my kaffe using ARM-Linux GNU EABI
I know your problem does not come from this reason, but as FAQ.arm says,
EABI is not supported right now.

Yeah, I'd consider trying CVS head instead of 1.1.8. I've played with EABI and the interpreter last week, and it built & ran most of the regression tests using libffi, so if you are interested in hacking on Kaffe on arm-eabi-linux, that would be a good place to start.

For native builds in qemu, you can grab the armel debian image from http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/qemu/ (user root pass debian, user test pass test), build classpath 0.96.1 using a prebuilt glibj.zip (i.e. http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/glibj.zip) as the memory QEmu can simulate for arm(el) is maximally 256M, over that the kernel won't boot, and using 'swap' on an emulated disk is a bit of performance overkill, I think. See http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiHowto for how to grab a kernel
for qemu armel.

cheers,
dalibor topic