Pete/Piet Delaney wrote:
> Sounds great to me; avoiding spin locks() is a hassle.
>
> Ever noticed a problem with kgdb surviving a weekend of non-use?
>
> I hit a breakpoint on Saturday and hoped to continue looking at it
> today but the kgdb-stub, as usual, got out of phase and I had
> to re-do the test that caused the breakpoint; I've seen it happen
> many times.
>
> - -piet

Do you have a gdb serial log that shows the connection was actually
still alive?

Depending on what you are debugging the state of timers and real-time
clock could have something to do with it, when leaving the system paused
for that length of time.  As you probably know KGDB will busy spin the
processors the whole time that KGDB is active.  It is also plausible
that the system's NET_POLL driver had a failure as it would certainly
continue to transmit and receive response for ARP requests.

I have not seen this type of failure first hand, but I am interested if
there is a way to further characterize what is going on, as well as
understanding how the kernel was configured and what hardware it is
running on.

Jason.