SJS wrote:
begin  quoting Andrew Lentvorski as of Sun, May 11, 2008 at 06:50:01PM -0700:
Nobody wants to dig through this for a couple of reasons:

1) We have no good alternative lined up if we truly piss somebody off and get all our rooms yanked.

"We" being SDCS or KPLUG?

Um, yes.  ;)

2) Nobody is willing to invest the time to create a better relationship with somebody equivalent or higher in the SDCOE chain.

The effort seems likely to piss somebody off.

That's not necessarily true. SDCS probably really should take the time to do this. A better working relationship is always a good thing. And SDCS probably does have something to offer SDCOE, but both sides would have to take some time and engage in order to figure out what and how to go about it. Unfortunately, this means that someone has to take some time off during the workday and go hunt down some folks in SDCOE.

As always, getting the volunteer is the hard part.

3) SDCOE really doesn't want to deal with us at all, thank you very much. They don't get any money from us and yet have to invest some (fairly small) amount of time dealing with us.

Is there no mechanism for (token) payments?

No, and not even for reasonable ones. At one point, someone mentioned that we offered to either pay for or replace the light bulb in the LCD projector, but nobody wanted it. Presumably, it was too much work to find the correct channels/paperwork for such a small amount of money.

-a

--
KPLUG-Steer@kernel-panic.org