Tracy R Reed wrote:
> Neil Schneider wrote:
>> I suggest you organize a picnic planning committee and decide on the
>> date and
>> place. Due to my current schedule, I have little time to put into
>> organizing
>> such an event right now.
>
> Good idea. Jim and I are the picnic planning committee. ;) Anyone else
> who wants to get involved are welcome to.

(
  Man TR is sure good at making decisions!
  Not to mention recruiting volunteers.
)

> Jim: I am going to be out of town getting married from July 30th to
> August 18th. I like either Saturday, July 14 or Saturday, July 21. Which
> of these works better for you?

You perhaps were picking the 2nd and 3rd Saturdays -- but looking a June
calendar instead of July? In July, it would be the 12th and 19th -- but
those are both scheduled installfest days.

I'm going to be away some time around and after the 4th, so the end of
the month looks better for me.

How does a Sunday sound instead of a Saturday? Maybe the 20th.

> We'll keep it real low key and simple. BYOB or anything you want to
> eat/share. We just need someone to get to the location early in the
> morning to grab the space, right? The same place as the last KPLUG
> picnic would work, if anyone remembers where that was.

Is not alcohol prohibited these days on SD beaches?

From:
  http://www.a-zsandiegobeaches.com/beachsafety.htm
"""
Alcohol. Alcohol is prohibited at all times at all City of San Diego
beaches and beach parks as well as State Beaches.
"""

(ditto smoking, for the record)

I don't know how authorative this might be but
  http://sandiego.about.com/od/outdoorrecreatio1/p/booze_ban.htm
says
"""
What beaches and parks does this cover?: All city beaches and bays in
City Council Districts 1 and 2, along the coast from Point Loma to the
Del Mar city limits. Mission Beach, Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach and
associated piers, boardwalks and sea walls are affected, as well as the
beaches and shoreline of La Jolla.
Can I drink alcohol at parks?: Mission Bay Park (includes Fiesta Island,
Robb Field and Dusty Rhodes Park in Ocean Beach), Sunset Cliffs Natural
Park, Tourmaline Surfing Park and all coastal parks south of Tourmaline
no longer allow alcohol. But booze is still allowed in Ellen Browning
Scripps Park from noon to 8 p.m.
Does this ban apply to weddings or special events?: Organizers with
special-event permits issued by San Diego's Office of Special Events are
exempt from the booze ban, such as Over-the-Line and the Thunderboat
races. If you are planning a wedding in a park affected by the booze ban
and wish to serve alcohol, you have to obtain a special-event permit to
do so.
Are all city parks that are not off-limits for alcohol consumption?:
There are 21 inland parks where alcohol is allowed from 8 a.m. to 8
p.m., including Lake Murray Community Park, Kate Sessions Memorial Park
and Presidio Park. There are eight coastal parks and open-space areas
north of Tourmaline Surfing Park, where alcohol is allowed from noon to
8 p.m.

They are: Calumet Park; Charlotte Park; Hermosa Park; Hermosa Terrace
Park; La Jolla Strand Park; Nicholson's Point Park; Ellen Browning
Scripps Park and Windansea Park.
"""

I suppose I could survive without a beer, but it seem like a picnic
without beer is like a umm, .. a picnic without beer. :-(

==> QUESTIONS:
1) Anybody got input on places
2) How does one go about reserving space (if one can)

  I was going to suggest we all crash your wedding,
  but I believe that's going to be in Vietnam?
  Oh well, congratulations and best wishes, anyway!

Regards,
..jim

--
KPLUG-Steer@kernel-panic.org