Joe Cruz wrote:

> I  have a question about elevator trim tab  travel. How much is enough and
how many green light bars will ever be lit up at one time?

I think you'll have all of the bars but one.  Without sitting in my plane
and looking, I'm pretty sure all elements are lit except the trim tab
position, otherwise you could look at it and still not tell exactly where
you were on the scale.

As for how big, one factor is will you have flaps or a belly board, and if
so, do you care if it's trimmed properly for landing.  And also, do you have
a header tank that will result in a "volatile CG", or do you have wing tanks
that will have a much smaller CG shift during flight typical flights.

 I built a small tab, and never used more an a third of the whole scale at
max CG change, but it wasn't enough to counter the flaps' effect during
landing.

Give us a little better idea of the rest of your setup, and somebody with
something similar can probably answer the question better.

There's more on my trim tab at http://www.n56ml.com/trimtab/index.html .  It
has details on deflection, among other things...

Mark Langford, Harvest, AL
Still looking for my misplaced kid gloves
ML at N56ML.com
www.N56ML.com