>The reason I know is because in N56ML, the three LEDs slightly
>"north" of the middle are dead on mine, killed by radio frequency energy.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

My LED indicator got toasted early on like Mark's, probably from
radio frequency overload.  I was going to replace it but decided not
to bother as I never referenced it anyway.  As I recall, I made my
trim tab the size called for in the plans.  I seldom see it deflected
more than about 1/3 deflection after landing.  My KR is stretched 24
inches so I may not need as much trim as some.  I do get a noticeable
pitch change when I deploy the speed brake full down and trim for
that.  I do not reset trim for takeoff but adjust trim on climb out
or cruise as necessary just as in a Cessna or Piper.  You will find
that you will adjust trim by the feel in the stick, not by the
lights.  On your first flight just take off with neutral trim and
precede from there.  Stick forces in the KR are so light that it's
not an issue.

Larry Flesner