"Gary" wrote:

>> On the subject of trim, how do you trim for heavy wing? Hands off stick and plane banks right (pretty significant). Does trim tab on aileron work like an elevator trim? Or does wing trim need to go on fixed part of wing rather than movable aileron which might just be offset by opposite side?<<

I'm pretty sure that an aileron is more effective and causes less drag than a tab on the wing itself, especially if the aileron is practically full length of the wing...like the KR2. This could be easily tested by setting up a bent tab up on the aileron, and then moving it to the wing without changing the bend angle. Both of my trim tabs on N891JF are mounted with number four "through" screws, nuts and washers. And of course, if it is decided to put the tab on the wing itself rather than the aileron, it should be located out near the tip to get maximum moment (leverage from the aircraft centerline) for the same amount of drag.

See https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/aviation-communities-and-interests/homebuilt-aircraft-and-homebuilt-aircraft-kits/resources-for-while-youre-building/building-articles/control-systems/rigging-and-trimming-part-2 for more on trim tabs.

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com