Cheng-Chia Tseng (<pswo10...@gmail.com>) kirjutas 27.08.2021 kell 02:51:

> Yeah. It is used for Simplified and Traditional Chinese Conversion.
>>
>> Common terms are shared in both languages, like Fire “火”, Air “風”, Earth
>> “土” ,Water “水” ,etc.
>>
>> However, different terms referring to the same thing exist between China
>> and Taiwan.
>> For example, potato is “土豆” in simplified Chinese while “馬鈴薯” in
>> traditional Chinese.
>>

> To be more specific and clear, the UI "Common terms" here is actually
> saying "Daily used common terms, but not the same in both simplified and
> traditional Chinese."

Thanks for the explanation.

I found that there's an (attempted) explanation also in Help:
"Common terms are words that have the same meaning in traditional and
simplified Chinese but are written with different characters." (key-ID ujmVB
in current master)
However, this makes no sense to me -- what am I missing?

Thanks,
Mihkel