Hi Cristian, everyone,

On 20.02.23 22:39, Cristian Secară wrote:

Has anyone thought about i18n issues at the time of choosing this font ? A
quick look at the embedded character set shows that this font lacks support for
Czech, Polish, Hungarian and Romanian alphabets (this for Latin based scripts);
it also lacks support for Greek, it also lacks support for Cyrillic. Not a word
about Asian or Arabic scripts.

The choice of Vegur as the branding font for LibreOffice goes back many years, back to the start (2010) I believe. You make a good point, if it's missing many characters for many languages, and we should fix that.

Why not choose from SIL fonts ? Their i18n support is comprehensive (and font
quality is awesome).

Thanks for the suggestion -- do you have a specific font in mind?

Or, perhaps the sister project considers that only 'Western' languages "... have
digital content created years ago and stored in old, outdated and proprietary document
formats." ?

Not at all, and clearly Vegur is lacking. Let's find a font that works is many more scripts, and adapt the flyers accordingly...

Cheers,
Mike