Olav,
Apologies for top post.

When I was the community manager for OpenOffice.org, in the first years I would
conduct interviews of contributors—developers, localizers, et al. What counted
was meaningful contribution to the project.

One reason was to broadcast the work done and the people doing it. The idea is
that such recognition—not celebration—would give others insight into what is
wanted, what is required, what can be done—and whom to contact.

Another idea was that this would become "news," and be taken up by other
services. This was before Facebook—aye, a long time ago—and before Twitter and
when "social media" meant meeting the news press in a café or bar. :-)

But I want to promote OpenOffice work and use in Norway and everywhere else;
and I want, also to promote the development of the ecosystem.

If you—and others are welcome to answer, too—I'd just post the answers to my
blog. It's not by any means an official Apache blog and I have at the moment no
intention of making it so. But it does get read by those interested in
OpenOffice. You'd also be free to post whatever answers you give to your sites.

Here are some questions:

* What are you and your colleagues doing on Apache OpenOffice?

* What skills or resources do you need? Or want?

* How can others join in—help?

* Do you know who is using OpenOffice in your region? Norway is one of the more
popular downloads, you know, and it was at one point in the last few years
quite popular in public sector areas, like education (Skolinux, for instance).

* Do you know of companies or people supporting Apache OpenOffice on a
commercial (not volunteer) basis? Is that wanted? I ask because I tend to
believe that public sector organizations want commercially contracted support
for free and open software, as this assuages bureaucratic concerns about
liability.

* What events or conferences would be relevant to participate in to gain more
developer interest, more users?

* And where would you suggest we go to attract more contributors?

Thanks
louis

PS my relevant blog for this: http://ooo-speak.blogspot.com/

but it could also be posted elsewhere