> Hi Olav,
>

> I am concerned about translation quality as well.  One thing we did
> when OpenOffice came to Apache was stop the practice of releasing
> incomplete translations, or translations without a community to review
> the work.  So we don't release until the UI is 100% translated.  We
> would welcome your participation in the Norwegian Bokmål translation
> that is currently being worked on.
>
> I don't know who told you that you must sign an ICLA at Apache.  This
> is not true.  We welcome contributions from anyone, with or without an
> ICLA on file.  An ICLA, however, is required for project "committers",
> those who have direct write access to systems like our version control
> or Pootle.  Non-Committers work on PO files off-line.
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Hi Rob.

Nice to hear from you. Yes, it sounds like a good practice, but does
require a capable team of people with the required knowledge. The
practice can also be a dangerous, if the translation is never completed.
Also, some prioritizing must be done if the team is small, and of course,
the UI must take precedence over the help content, but that might be
problematic if the help content also contain UI related strings like the
ones for tool tips, which have been the case in the past. Anyway, I
would be more than willing to pick up the work again, but I also need
some confirmation on the quality of the work which have been done
recently. There's a lot of little mistakes made over the years to fix, so
introducing even more can't be an option.

The last bit might have been confusing for both parties, but if that's the
requirement for regaining access, I'll do so.

--
Olav Dahlum

PGP key ID: 0xA6BD1795