On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:20 PM, Olav Dahlum <odah...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Keep in mind that I still own the copyright to most of the translation work
> since Åpne kontorprogram på norsk
> jumped onto LibreOffice, and I'm not impressed by what I have seen so far.
> Any decline in the quality will not
> be tolerated by either me, Axel Bojer (since 2002), or any other person who
> have put a lot of time into the
> project. When I was told I needed to sign the ICLA, I was puzzled since I
> already was a well known contributor.
> And as I couldn't due to technical reasons, it was never done. My Pootle
> account on the original server was
> also lost during the transition, a project people like Rafaella Braconi
> made available on the server after my
> request to do so. So before this really takes a wrong and unrecoverable
> turn, the control must be put back
> into my hands. Any doubters can check this page:
> http://www.openoffice.org/no/translation.html, and my PGP
> key.

Hi Olav,

I am concerned about translation quality as well.  One thing we did
when OpenOffice came to Apache was stop the practice of releasing
incomplete translations, or translations without a community to review
the work.  So we don't release until the UI is 100% translated.  We
would welcome your participation in the Norwegian Bokmål translation
that is currently being worked on.

I don't know who told you that you must sign an ICLA at Apache.  This
is not true.  We welcome contributions from anyone, with or without an
ICLA on file.  An ICLA, however, is required for project "committers",
those who have direct write access to systems like our version control
or Pootle.  Non-Committers work on PO files off-line.

Regards,

-Rob