On 21 August 2013 19:52, Mr. Phan Anh <ppa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Subject: Translation Entry With spaces or Without Spaces
> _________________________________
> 1.File:officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office.po
>

> Locations:TableWizard.xcu#..TableWizard.TableWizard.business.Tables.contacts.Fields.postalcode.Name.value.text
>
> Content of Entry: PostalCode
>
> 2.File:officecfg/registry/data/org/openoffice/Office.po
>

> Locations:TableWizard.xcu#..TableWizard.TableWizard.business.Tables.contacts.Fields.stateorprovince.ShortName.value.text
>
> Content Entry: StateProvi
> __________________________________
>
> As you can see from above There were some entries ( I just quoted 2 of
> them, there are more), that I have a wonder.
>
> Assume, I have the string with the format "XY",
> but "XY" is the combination from "X" and "Y"
> and "X" has the meaning "Z" in my native language, the same with "Y" with
> the meaning of "T"
> I want to ask that, when I translate the "XY" entry into my native
> language, what is the right format for my translation?
>
> Is it 1) or 2)
>
> 1. "XY" = "ZT" (without space between Z and T)
> 2. "XY" = "Z T" (with space between Z and T)
>
> When I worked with other projects on Transifex, I often use the 2)
> solution. The other maintainers of those project also give me the solution
> of 2).
> But I wonder: what is the solution/rule in AOO?

When I look at the examples you provide XY, I would go for 2), but let me
give you another example just to be sure:

           "PostalCode" would translate to "post nummer" in danish if used
in a sentence, but if used as a indicated name it would be "postnummer".

so no rules without exceptions. I find this this is actually one of the
more difficult parts of translation, some languages tends to split the
words, where other use both prefix and postfix to modify the word.

I hope this helps.
rgds
jan I.