Hi Jan,

janI schrieb:
On 23 August 2013 20:25, Mr. Phan Anh <ppa...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here is the string that you said:
___________________________
<link href="text/shared/01/02180000.xhp"
name="Verknüpfungen...">Verknüpfungen...</link>
___________________________
The problem you have said would be the confusion between the ability to
translate or untranslate phrase "name="Verknüpfungen..." in between
<link......>

Let me clarify them by X: the translation that has to be translated
and Y: the translation that you are confusing in translating or not.

<link........name=YYY> XXX <link>

You wondered that would be it possible to translate the phrase "YYYY"
The solution based on Vietnamese Translation are:
a. You can translate it.
b. Some translators just translated the "main content" which is XXX.
They translated the XXX into their native language.
But some translators didnt translate YYY
The choice is based on you.

Wrong !!
text inside <...> are not to be touched only the text Y in  <x>Y</x> may be
translated.
e.g. the name= is a directive to the help system, if you translate that,
help will not work.

I'm not sure about that. The specification [1] says in the reference,
"This is the link name, needed to
fulfill accessibility requirements."

And these are the examples given,
"Please refer to <link href="http://www.openoffice.org"; name="Link to
the OpenOffice.org Website">the <emph>OpenOffice.org</emph>
website</link> for further details."
"More details can be found in <link
href="text/common/guide/overview.xhp" name="Link to the overview">the
overview</link>."

Both sound, as if the value of the name attribute should be spoken by an accessibility application. If this is indeed the purpose, then it should be translated.

[1]
Understanding, Authoring and Editing
OPENOFFICE.ORG HELP
http://www.openoffice.org/documentation/online_help/OOo2HelpAuthoring.pdf