On 24 August 2013 00:54, Regina Henschel <rb.hensc...@t-online.de> wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> janI schrieb:
>
>> On 23 August 2013 20:25, Mr. Phan Anh <ppa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Here is the string that you said:
>>> ___________________________
>>> <link href="text/shared/01/02180000.**xhp"
>>> name="Verknüpfungen...">**Verknüpfungen...</link>
>>> ___________________________
>>> The problem you have said would be the confusion between the ability to
>>> translate or untranslate phrase "name="Verknüpfungen..." in between
>>> <link......>
>>>
>>> Let me clarify them by X: the translation that has to be translated
>>> and Y: the translation that you are confusing in translating or not.
>>>
>>> <link........name=YYY> XXX <link>
>>>

>>> You wondered that would be it possible to translate the phrase "YYYY"
>>> The solution based on Vietnamese Translation are:
>>> a. You can translate it.
>>> b. Some translators just translated the "main content" which is XXX.
>>> They translated the XXX into their native language.
>>> But some translators didnt translate YYY
>>> The choice is based on you.
>>>
>>>  Wrong !!
>> text inside <...> are not to be touched only the text Y in  <x>Y</x> may
>> be
>> translated.
>> e.g. the name= is a directive to the help system, if you translate that,
>> help will not work.
>>

> I'm not sure about that. The specification [1] says in the reference,
> "This is the link name, needed to
> fulfill accessibility requirements."
>
> And these are the examples given,
> "Please refer to <link
> href="http://www.openoffice.**org<http://www.openoffice.org>"
> name="Link to
> the OpenOffice.org Website">the <emph>OpenOffice.org</emph>
> website</link> for further details."
> "More details can be found in <link
> href="text/common/guide/**overview.xhp" name="Link to the overview">the
> overview</link>."

You picked the one example where it actually does not matter what you do,
because that tag is not interrelated

Look at
<variable id=\"control_properties\"><link
"href=\"text/sbasic/guide/control_properties.xhp\" name=\"Changing the
"Properties of Controls in the Dialog Editor\">Changing the Properties of
Controls in the Dialog Editor</link></variable>"

If you start translating id=, the whole indexing will not work. There are
many similar examples where name= is used for indexing. Of course if you
really know what you do, and make 100% that you translate the tree files
identical, then it will work.

Since it is difficult enough to understand what to translate and what not,
simple rules work far better (and leave the few exception). Therefore a
recommendation
- never translate inside <...>
is easy to follow.

rgds