COMING SOON OPENS IN 2 DAYS, FRIDAY SEP. 27  GMO OMG
GMO OMG tells the story of a father’s discovery of GMOs through the
symbolic act of poor Haitian farmers burning seeds in defiance of
Monsanto’s gift of 475 tons of hybrid corn and vegetable seeds to
Haiti shortly after the devastating earthquake of January 2010. After
a journey to Haiti to learn why hungry farmers would burn seeds, the
real awakening of what has happened to our food in the US, what we are
feeding our families, and what is at stake for the global food supply
unfolds in a trip across the United States and other
countries in search of answers. Are we at a tipping point? Is it time
to take back our food? The encroaching darkness of unknown health and
environmental risks, seed take over, chemical toxins, and food
monopoly meets with the light of a growing resistance of organic
farmers, concerned citizens, and a burgeoning movement to take back
what we have lost.

By the simple act of feeding ourselves, we unwittingly participate in
the largest experiment ever conducted on human beings. Massive
agrochemical companies like Monsanto (Agent Orange) and Dow (Napalm)
are feeding us genetically-modified food, GMOs that have never been
fully tested and aren’t labeled. This small handful of corporations is
tightening their grip on the world’s food supply—buying, modifying,
and patenting seeds to ensure total control over everything we eat. We
still have time to heal the planet, feed the world, and live
sustainably. But we have to start
Opening at
Music Hall 3 on Sep 27th Claremont 5 on Sep 28th Monica 4 on Sep 28th
Playhouse 7 on Sep 28th FEATURED REVIEW: Ernest Hardy, Village Voice
As battles over the world's food supply intensify, some tough
questions become ever more pressing: Who controls it? Are shortages
being created and manipulated, and to what end? Exactly what is in
what we are eating? Writer-director Jeremy Seifert addresses those
concerns and more i...
READ REVIEW
Genre: Documentary
Web Site: http://www.gmofilm...