Well I feel as if the American LD is very different from the
Australian LD.  You can educate people about the differences, just
like terriers, you will get different personalities and behaviors
with different terrier breeds.

I typically dont tell people when they ask me what kind of dog I
have. I say it is a mix, if they are really interested and ask more
questions I talk about them and tell them what they are.  My dogs are
very well behaved and respond to hand commands I never have to
verbalize sit, down, stay, come..

--- In labradoodles@yahoogroups.com, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm coming up against it more and more and it's frustrating.  I'm
on a
> general dog list and Labradoodles came up and no matter what I say
about Doodles
> in general or Farley, my Australian Multi-Gen, there is a
naysayer.  It  really
> gets my goat.  The director of our local Humane Society wrote a
really nasty
> article about doodles that was in both the regular paper and the
HS
> newsletter.  A doodle came through the shelter and she was going on
and on  about how
> bad it is (ironically - she is the one who adopted it!).   Most of
these
> people have had no or very limited contact with doodles  anyway.
When my friend
> heard we were getting one she went on and on about  how wild they
are, her
> neighbor had one and it was just horrible.  When she  met Farley
she was amazed and
> said he was nothing like her neighbor's dog, who  was an F1 from a
backyard
> breeder with no knowledge of it's lineage or any  health testing,
etc.  Anyway,
> I just wish I had a really great comeback for  people who feel they
need to
> say nasty things and think they know more than I do  about my dog.
>
> ~Kelly~
>

>  (http://www.tickerfactory.com/)
>

>  (http://www.tickerfactory.com/)

Yahoo! Groups Links