I think I may have told this story, at puppy school
with Shaggy (see pictures) a lady went up to me and
said "what kind of dog is your dog?" and when I told
her she said "OH, you know I can never understand why
someone would pay so much money for those.  I mean,
they ARE a mixed breed and there are so many breeds
out there."  I was SO taken aback and then MAD.  I
just said very politely "Well, I am allergic to dogs
and my son is too and I have heard so many wonderful
things about the labradoodle and did alot of research
for six months.  He may be a mutt, but he's our
expensive mutt and we love him."  I wanted to say,
(Expletive) AM I NOT STANDING HERE WITH MY DOG?  YOU
ACT LIKE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE NOT ME,
STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU.  Also, do you know how
many breeds were mixed until they were recognized by
the AKC?  LOTS.

I also have a pet peeve with people who say "Oh,
that's a DESIGNER dog I hear about."  Huh?  If you saw
my dog play in the mud and get dirty, he's not
strutting down any runway.  @:)

Now, we are always very frequently stopped and I got
so sick of people asking me I just say, "Oh, he's a
mix."  If they push it I tell them he's a labradoodle.
 Sometimes people ask me if he's a sheepdog, since he
looks like one.  I guess when people are rude you just
have to say, "Well, he/she is our dog and we love
him/her."  They usually don't know what to say to
that.

Usually people with problem dogs (any breed) are dogs
where the owner does not establish dominance, the
animal does not get enough daily exercise, and does
not get enough attention.

Off my soapbox for now!

Christa

--- Renie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Amen to that Sherri ..had one for 9 years and my
> other one lived tell he
> was 15 great great breed

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings: