I agree with you Sherri. My Standard Poodle would have been 15 one
month after he passed away. The only reason I switched to a
Labradoodle from RM was because my Poodle was such a smart, great
dog and best friend that I felt I would be comparing any other
Standard Poodle I got to him and didn't think I'd find a match. I
must say though that my Labradoodle is at least as smart and what a
love he is also. I also must say that it had been 15 years since I
had a pup and what fun it is trying to stay one jump ahead of a
smart puppy. He is easy to teach, but does try to test the limits of
what he can get away with.

As for people making bad remarks about the breed, in the area I live
I alway seem to find good remarks about the breed and more and more
people are recognizing him as a Labradoodle before asking. They also
are saying they've heard good things about them. Some here might not
agree, but I do tell them to look into getting a multi generation
from an Australian line if they decide to get one.

Ken

--- In labradoodles@yahoogroups.com, Sherri Regalbuto
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Kelly, get use to it.  Everyone deals with prejudice against their
certain dog type.  I myself have standard poodles, always have and
always will.  I don't think there is another breed who is so
misunderstood.  In my opinion they are the best breed there is, I'm
a dog trainer and wouldn't want to come home to anything else.
People who don't live with one do not know how utility they are.  My
female does dock diving, competitive frisbee, sled pulling,
obedience, tracking and agility.

>   Sherri
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>             I'm coming up against it more and more and it's
frustrating.  I'm on a general dog list and Labradoodles came up and
no matter what I say about Doodles in general or Farley, my
Australian Multi-Gen, there is a naysayer.  It really gets my goat.
The director of our local Humane Society wrote a really nasty
article about doodles that was in both the regular paper and the HS
newsletter.  A doodle came through the shelter and she was going on
and on about how bad it is (ironically - she is the one who adopted
it!).  Most of these people have had no or very limited contact with
doodles anyway.  When my friend heard we were getting one she went
on and on about how wild they are, her neighbor had one and it was
just horrible.  When she met Farley she was amazed and said he was
nothing like her neighbor's dog, who was an F1 from a backyard
breeder with no knowledge of it's lineage or any health testing,
etc.  Anyway, I just wish I had a really great comeback for people
>  who feel they need to say nasty things and think they know more
than I do about my dog.

>   ~Kelly~

>   www.Sherri'sPhotographics.photoreflect.com
>   www.pbase.com/sherri123

> Get your email and more, right on the  new Yahoo.com

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: