I need help/advice/reassurance.

It's been decided that I should have methotrexate by injection once a week rather than orally as I have been taking because it's more effective. They would prefer that I self-inject, but I'm nervous about it. If I really don't want to do it, I can go to my GPs surgery nurse for her to do it, even though it's a bit inconvenient for me.

We agreed that I wouldn't have one of the anti-TNFs at the moment. I had an allergic reaction to one in October last year and had to stop it straight away. I had that intravenously in hospital. I periodically get cellulitis, so they want to keep the anti-TNF that they keep for people who get infections until methotrexate no longer works.

If anyone self-injects. Are you apprehensive doing it? Is it painful? I had a steroid jab in the backside yesterday and that always feels like a bee stinging for what feels likes minutes, although it's only a few seconds. I just don't fancy doing it.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK