I have found in recent years that traders are more and more supplying the
needs of other crafts i.e., patchwork, cross stitch, card making etc., and
also people attending lacedays appear to be participating in other craft
taking along not a lace pillow but sewing, knitting, crochet amongst others.
Even my local guild, of which I am the only founder member remaining after
20+ years, has expanded its criteria to include other crafts to survive,
though our laceday is still going (fairly) strong.
Diana (Northamptonshire, UK)