>>>From: Aurelia L. Loveman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Oh, I can't agree with you, Robin, that Christine Springett's spangles are
"loose and floppy." I have dozens of her bobbins, and they are perfect. If
there were anything the matter with them (and there isn't), it would only
be that we amateur spanglers have a hard time matching their perfection. <<<

I don't mean because the wire isn't pulled tight, so the beads move along
it.  I recognize that's a matter of practice.  But I have "official"
pre-spangled bobbins from them and they flop all over the place.  There's
nothing to keep the wire from rotating within the hole of the bobbin, so
when you lift the bobbin horizontally, the spangle flops down.

As I said, this is personal taste but I absolutely *hate* when the spangles
drag and catch on neighboring bobbins, and flop up underneath or atop their
own bobbins.  I make my spangles so they stand out horizonally when the
bobbin is horizontal.  Then I can flip the bobbins over each other without
having to lift each and every one 'way off the pillow and carefully lay each
and every one back down in its new place.  I'm slow enough, without all that
extra fuss!

Robin P.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA