In my humble opinion, it just looks like an ordinary sewing thimble - although
I *think* I can see a "splodge" on the top flat surface of the thimble which
might just indicate that the "pin-pusher" part of a true lacemaker's thimble
has been removed or fell out (as one did recently on one of my lacemaker's
thimbles!)
Ruth Budge (Sydney, Australia)

"L. E. Weiss" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Hello all --
I was waiting to see whether someone else spotted this and sent it to the
list (along with comments), and thought it quite a coincidence that the
subject of thimbles came up anyway! (I apologize if someone has already
mentioned this on the list.)

A friend sent me this item from Ebay. (As usual, make certain you paste it
into your browser as one line if it is coming to you as two lines.) Any
opinions out there about the label on this item?
Subject: lace making thimble

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3255711483&category=38065