Hello all,

Coming out of lurkdom to ask what you all think that these "mullers" are?  I
have found these on eBay uk

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7344793903&sspagename=AD
ME:L:RTQ:UK:1

I sent a question to the seller to ask how they were used, and the reply was

"muller is another name for bobbin, handmade bobbin lace involves twisting &
plaiting up to 200 mullers (bobbins)
around each other and around a pattern of pins in the lace-making pillow.
We are not experts and have taken this information from a reference book. "

I can't see how they are used as bobbins, does any one know?  Are they for
winding the finished lace on?

I have sent another question to the seller asking what reference book he/she
was referring to.

I'm sure that the Spiders will be able to come up with plenty of ideas as to
what they are.

A puzzled Jenny from S. Wales, UK