I hope Jane won't mind my forwarding but I think her observations are pertinent. I had forgotten entirely that, at the time I got the intrucion sheet from Winslow Bobbins, I also got their wire. So I never had any problem spangling "their way"...

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jane O'Connor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: December 29, 2007 9:29:08 EST
To: Tamara P Duvall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [lace] Re: Spangling bobbins

Hi Tamara.

I found that if you do not have the stainless steel wire, it is very difficult to use the Winslow spangling method. I tried with the brass wire I have - #26 - and never could get the wire through the beads the second time. When the bead hole was big enough to get through the second time, I couldn't wind the wire tight enough around between the beads, so there was a twisted wire gap between the beads showing. I didn't like that look so went back to twisting by the bobbin itself.

I wish at least one of our lace vendors would carry the stainless steel wire that the Winslow's have. I tried finding it in the US and it couldn't be had. As a favor, one of our vendors did bring some back from England for me, but she never carries it in her vendor supplies. Really too bad.

Jane O'Connor
New Lenox, IL
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/