On Sep 25, 2010, at 10:29 PM, Kim Davis wrote:

> The book mentioned here is by Sandi Woods, not Louise Colgan.

Thanks a million (or, to be precise, $26.95 +shipping <g>). The book is listed
on Holly's site as being by Colgan. It looked somewhat familiar (I have Sandi's
book, too <g>) but, since only a part of the cover is pictured and the
lettering is small, and I didn't remember the title of Sandi's book... I
figured Colgan went a similar route and designed her own alphabet. After all,
lots of people have been designing letters; alphabets are always popular.

> The pieces are stunning.  The techniques used are a bit different, there is a
> lot more
> in and out of pairs.

Yes and yes and yes, on all counts. That why I love to drool over Sandi's book,
but will never attempt even a single piece. Colgan's ideas and mine -- put the
pairs in and let them play; take them out at the end, not in the middle -- are
much more in harmony :)

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/