My biggest problem is a gradually worsening tremor--"essential tremor",
inherited from my father's side of the family.  My Dad's tremor is very bad, so
I can see where I'm headed and it's scary.  I'm already having trouble putting
pins in (hitting the hole when your hand is shaking all over the place is a
challenge), and there are times when I have trouble keeping my bobbins
(Continental) under control.  Parallel to the lace problems, I also did a lot
of off-loom bead-weaving and now have to wait until I have a particularly calm
spell to do that anymore.  Embroidery is also getting harder, since I like to
do the fine work on linen.  At work I have trouble controlling the mouse, and
at bad times even typing.

There is no effective medication for the condition, only brain surgery
("deep-brain stimulation"), which I'm sure the insurance won't pay for until it
really badly affects my ability to work.  I'm not sure there is any immediate
solution except reducing stress (deep breathing, meditation, etc.) but I
appreciate the opportunity to complain about the problems a little bit. Also,
hearing what others go through puts my lesser problems in perspective since at
least the tremor isn't physically painful.  Thanks, Jean!
Nancy
Connecticut, USA