OK, folks, this is where the attorney steps in.  Civil law suits are expensive
propositions, take lots of time, and are a pain in the neck.  Only the really
rich, such as Disney or other large corporations have the will and resources to
use that route.  However, there is another.  IF, and I don't know if there is,
but it shouldn't be too hard to find out, If there is a crime involved, gather
all the evidence, such as Antje's pictures, but clearer, so the magazines with
titles and such are visible and take it to the police.  They may or may not
bring charges.  The nice thing about the prosecution of a crime, you don't pay
the lawyers.  You're only the witness.  I just checked the Pennsylvania Crimes
Code, and the closest one gets is Theft of Services, which has mainly to do
with stealing electrical services, cable services, or the usual hotel and motel
payment.  There's also Theft of Trade Secrets, but that bit says nothing about
copyright.  If there's any copyright infringem!
 ent law, it would be federal, as copyrights are federal, but that's not my
area.  A very cursory perusal, online, shows there may be a crime involving
copyright infringement in the US.

If you find something that works, that is a law with criminal sanctions which
is being violated, bring all the really good evidence, clear pictures, digital
or otherwise, documents, the pirated magazine with the sales receipt, picture
of the seller, etc. so the whole prosecution is on a platter, to the police.
It's worth a shot, and is much cheaper and easier to do.

This is something few people think of, but for those without lots of cash, it
is a very good option, provided there is a crime involved, not just that
someone has done something wrong.  There is a difference.  It takes some
research to find out if there is a criminal law involved, find out the elements
of the crime, bring evidence of those elements to a prosecutor who is willing
to do her/his job.

Lyn from Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, the criminal defense lawyer.

>I think people think twice about copying Disney stuff because they are
>known to prosecute, but that is expensive. The only way forward there
>would be to join forces with other Spanish magazines who are being
>treated in this way - I doubt you are the only one. Laws vary from
>country to country, but I think this is covered under European copyright
>law so you may have some redress there. Although expensive to chase, it
>might only take one successful prosecution to make others wary. If
>copyright holders are known to sit back and do nothing, then people will
>carry on copying as they think they are "safe" doing so.

"My email sends out an automatic  message. Arachne members,
please ignore it. I read your emails."