Since we older lacers using paper books and such are geared to that, it is
not surprising the younger generation has no interest.  I found if i can
trust my Xyboard not to fall, i have my pattern and pricking on it.
 Younger people wonder how you can use a tablet with a pillow so wander
over and check it out.  Even using a cell phone on some holder can make
people look.  if you have a really "loud" looking color cover, that draws
the eye too.

I wear a very simplistic "pioneer" outfit including the bed cap and wire
rimmed reading glasses perched on the end of my nose.  if nothing else, you
get a smile but it is something that "draws" people to you.  my "table" is
a camera tripod with a plexiglas top where i put jar opener/shelf liner on
so the pillow will stay put when i tilt it and i elevate the pillow to work
on while standing.  i have one small one and one larger one which i only
use for demos.  i can use a medium sized pillow and have room on the
plexiglas to hold a light/magnifier/tablet.  this can get uncomfortable so
i have my piano stool at hand to sit.  if you have one of those folding
stools that are higher, that is a bit easier but also a bit harder on the
back than regular height but not as bad as standing.  anything "unique" and
eye catching will bring people close to "see".  Happy lacing.

Hugs, Lin and the Mali
*Mistakes are beautiful.  Mistakes are part of the fun.*