Did anyone read my reply to Robin in Canberra on the  9th that included the
"Lace in Fashion" exhibit that will be at the  Fashion Museum in Bath
England for a year?  You'd think there would be  some excitement.

http://bit.ly/2j7AG9Z

_https://www.fashionmuseum.co.uk/news/fashion-museum-bath-stage-%E2%80%98lac
e-fashion%E2%80%99-exhibition_
(https://www.fashionmuseum.co.uk/news/fashion-museum-bath-stage-‘lace-fashi
on’-exhibition)

No pictures?  Does anyone have a website address of a photo  of the 1660
"silver tissue dress made from fine silk, woven with silver thread  and
trimmed with parchment lace"?  This is described as "a rare  survival of
parchment
lace, a delicate fabric made using tiny strips of  parchment or paper,
wrapped in silk and incorporated into the design of the  bobbin-made lace."

A g**gl* search for "parchment lace" brought me to a  craft magazine.  Our
own archives brought me to parchment lace  prickings/patterns.  I would like
to know more about this:  the thread  and how it was made, the bobbin lace
technique, and what the reference to  "parchment lace" really means.  It
would be an interesting  subject to discuss on Arachne, and for you to share
with your lace  friends.

My source for this lace news was an American.  Did 1,000  of our members
hear about this exhibit already?  Is my AOL  service so bad that I did not
receive the news earlier, and you did?   The article says they had assistance
from some expert volunteers from  *The Lace Guild*.  Are those volunteers
reading this memo?   Article also mentions Australian input.

It is troublesome that after 20 years of trying to "show by  example" when
it comes to distributing lace news as soon as possible, I have  failed.

Efforts to bring more Arachne members into the "lace conversation"  has
bombed.

There is no viable industry for handmade lace in the 21st  C.  It relies on
those of us with a love for this textile to promote it in  whatever
platforms exist, or ones we create.  Thank you again, Liz, for  Arachne.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center