Interesting that when this silver tissue dress was photographed for the guide
to the Museum of Costume in Bath, it was pictured with a wide collar of what
appears to be reticella lace (white), laid over the lace at the sides and back
of the neckline. The guide was published in 1980 - given that the same dress is
now shown without the collar, I wonder if they decided the collar would not
have been worn with that dress, or if they just left it off for another reason.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada)