Hi Irene:

The block pillow I am making for IOLI is 1” thick ethafoam; I think it will be
fine.

I think you will have plenty of room on a 20 x 24” pillow to make Louise’s fan.
With the Milanese you keep turning around and going the other direction, so
even when you get close to the edge the difficulty doesn’t last all that long.
But do let me know if you make a successful apron; I keep intending to make one
and then deciding that I don’t need to.

Adele