How about a pair of gloves, nitrile, rubber, disposable, by each student, for
the teacher's use.  No problem with bobbin finishes, and not really that bad
for the teacher either, as she would be the only one using the gloves.  No
cross contamination.  Teachers don't actually take over the pillow that often,
so this wouldn't be too much of problem.  I have cheap bobbins, but I don't
want them injured either.  I think this would work. And masks of course, and
good ventilation if possible, including outdoor classes.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA, where it is typical August weather.  I'm
getting a lot of lace done, but I miss classes, other lacemakers. And going to
lunch...vacation in Maine... Shopping in the mall...

"My email sends out an automatic  message. Arachne members,
please ignore it. I read your emails."

I did a quick Google and found some dispiriting info: