On 5/6/16, Werner Pamler <werner.pam...@freenet.de> wrote:

> In preparing a patch for a Mantis feature request I came across this
> issue: fpc does already contain a series of exporters
> (packages/fcl-db/export, component palette "Data Export"), among them a
> TCSVExporter, TSimpleXMLExporter etc. ....

I would create our own set.
You could try to implement it in such a way that rewriting it in the
future to use fpc features, may become less cumbersome.
The fpc development cycle is far slower than ours, and it would mean >
1 year waiting for this feature.

Keep the Laz prefix in the base class.

My 2 cents.

About the name TLazExporter:
The base class should probably start with "TCustom" ?

About writing a patch:
Don't you have svn commit (to LCL)?
If so, just commit it, since nobody seems to object to the basic
philosophy of your idea and implementation.
Once committed, others will participate.

Since it is only in trunk, it does not really matter if (even radical)
changes are made to the system in the road to the next major release.

Bart