On Fri, 12 May 2006, Marco Ciampa wrote:

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 03:33:02PM +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
I think the po2xml is just used to translate the program strings which
appear in the docs (used to refer to button captions etc), not for the actual
documentation text.
Wrong. It is used for documentation writing too as you can see here,
for the LinuxFromScratch manual:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org/msg06863.html

In that case, I understand even less why they use it. In my opinion,
the .po format is totally unsuitable for this kind of thing.

Michael.