On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 05:07:28PM +0200, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
> Not for the initial format either:
You have to insert the tag:

> <element name="TMyClass.MyMethod">
> <descr lang="en"
   rdate=200613050135

> </descr>
> <descr lang="de"
  rdate=20061305

> </descr>

1) you have to make the tool that parses the source in search of a
"ReleaseDATE"
   mismatch to signal the change and 'jumps' to it
2) you have to create the macros to update the rdate tag
3) you have to check for the validation of the code

and so on... to be short, you find yourself reinventing the wheel of the
gettext
platform...

> Will do just fine. Any changes to portions of the first descr node can be
> made visible in a decent fpdoc editing program, and the relevant portion
> of the second node can be displayed in parallel...

reinventing poedit...

> No _need_ for .po files. You could use them, but I doubt they are
> needed.

Ofter the advandages of using a standard tool are not apparent at first
but when you have already done much of the work... :-(

> since fpdoc is a structured format, showing differences
> is just a matter of having the correct tools in your editor.
yes but why to recode something that is already there?

New Murphy law: for every new RAD there will be a new (and buggy) help
format & tool :-/

--

Marco Ciampa