Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
On 5/12/06, Mattias Gaertner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2.
The LCL must delegate Help queries to the HelpSystem.
The HelpSystem of the VCL is defined in HelpIntfs and may be sufficient for
small things. But for the Open Source (e.g. Lazarus IDE itself) it is not
flexible/comfortable enough. That's why I propose to move the Help interface unit of the IDEIntf to the LCL, rename the units (prefix l or laz) and use
that as a helpsystem.
It needs some pascal interfaces to be used in TCustomForm and TApplication.

I took a look at HelpIntfs at lclintf directory, and it doesn´t seam
easely extensible, nor provides a way to have multiple viewers and
dbs.

Why isn't it extensible?

Some code may need to be moved, maybe the HelpManager needs to be added.

Multiple databases:
See procedure THelpManager.RegisterIDEHelpDatabases

Multiple viewers is also possible:
Extend procedure THelpManager.RegisterDefaultIDEHelpViewers;

I don't see what is missing.

Vincent.