On Sat, 13 May 2006, Flávio Etrusco wrote:

> On 5/13/06, Tony Maro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> > >
> > > On portuguese, Gambas is a black and white animal that stinks a lot
> > > when scared =)
> > >
> > Skunk in English.  I used to own one.  Darn things bite hard too.  Ours
> > was de-stinked. ;-)
> >
> > It was quite a site to see him and the dogs playing with each other in
> > the yard.
> >
> > Pretty foul-tempered too.  I'd never own another.
> >
> > -Tony
> >

> LOL. I know one name for it (the animal) is 'ratel', but don't know
> whether this is the word that's most commonly used or not...
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratel
>
> Anyway, back to the serious subject: Michael, couldn't it be that
> Lazarus and FPC weren't mature enough at the time? (since you said it
> was long time ago...)

They didn't even mention that.
FPC was mature, at the time. I didn't offer to write about Lazarus.
(which was just born back then, if I remember correctly)

Personally, I thought it was the old 'Pascal is dead' argument..

> Any chance you can give it another try? If you have any other hint
> that might suggest it was some kind of preconception I sure will be
> one of the guys to complain (write) to LJ ;-)

I'm not going to give it another try. If asked, I will write it,
but I'm not going to offer it anymore.

> I don't think Lazarus' lack of "momentum" has anything with the name,
> but as somebody already said some days ago in another thread, I think
> mixing religion with anything is a bad idea... I wouldn't mind
> 'lazarus' changing name to anything of greek mitology too (like Delphi
> and Kylix are) or whatever ;-)

Well:
I don't think that after so many years, Lazarus should change it's name.

People taking offense at this name only make themselves ridiculous.
I refuse to take that (or them) serious. ( Yes, and I will take the
risk that I will burn eternally in hell for this ;-) )

If I remember correctly, the FPC irc channel was once mistakenly
confused with a channel for people with peculiar sexual tastes.
Should we be offended by this and change the name ? No...

Michael.