> > Can anybody explain, why googling with:
> >         site:lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net dynamicarray
> > only gives two hits, but not
> > http://lazarus-ccr.sourceforge.net/docs/lcl/dynamicarray/index.html
> >
> > It is a pity, that the most up to date docs are not completely indexed.
>
> I was just thinking along the same lines.  Google is so busy, it takes
> a long while to keep indexes up-to-date against constant changing
> sites.  This is going to be the only drawback of using Google to
> search docs.

That's the catch22 - I deal with this problem every month with websites. Google
200,000-500,000 pages one month and then next month it drops down to 1,000 or
even 200.
It's a roller coaster just like the stock market.  This would be where having
your own
help doc indexing system would help. But to put less load on the
freepascal/lazarus
servers it is obviously wise to have a client side program indexing system like
chm/local
db/whatever. Still, more important than indexing the docs is writing them - if
they
weren't written, there wouldn't be anything to index - and Michael and others
have done
excellent job there. How about google desktop search? LOL I haven't tried that
one.. place
google desktop search on the FPC docs directory and see what happens?