I don't know about FreePascal (unfortunately), but Delphi is surely in
need of some powerful classes for streaming text and other data. If
only TFiler were a bit less coupled to component streaming...

-Flávio

On 9/22/06, Burkhard Carstens <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Am Freitag, 22. September 2006 12:49 schrieb Kris Leech:
> Is it possible to convert a memory byte stream (eg. TFileStream) in
> to a File pointer for use with normal file routines?

Not sure if that is what you mean, but you might wanna look for
"THandleStream" class (for using stream functions on standard file
handles) and/or "AssignStream" function (for using writeln/readln on
streams). Didn't play with these yet, so no idea about limitations ..

regards
 Burkhard