From: A.J. Venter [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sun 6/3/2007 1:23 AM
To: lazarus@miraclec.com
Subject: Re: [lazarus] OutKafe 5.1.0 Released !

Hi Philip,
It should be very little - as far as I can see - it should in fact be
working - it just isn't yet (I'll bet it's a small problem though),
and then packaged so it can be installed with relative ease.

To give more idea -there is some major bug that's making it exit
without an error message on launch - dunno what that bug is - that
needs to be fixed.
The windows client should be able to take connection details from a
config file, connect to a postgresql server with an outkafe database,
and then log in etc.
Virtually all this code is written, it simply needs to be properly
ported, packaged and shipped - by somebody with the experience to do
so (I work as exclusively on Linux as you do on windows :p )
Of course the packaged version should also include whatever dll's are
needed for a windows app to be a postgresql client.

Are you up for giving it a shot ? You don't REALLY need a Linux
server, you could just set up a postgresql server on windows, load the
OutKafe table-scheme and manually generate one user to test with.

A.J.

PS. If you're really interested, I suggest we take it offlist at this
point as it's becoming less and less lazarus related :)