On 16/06/07, Lee Jenkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What's the learning curve like with tiPPF?  I checked it out a while
back but was short on time for studying it.

No doubt there is a learning curve. The tiOPF framework is big, but
it's no different compared to someone that's new to the LCL or VCL. It
take a while to get to know the things you are going to need first and
then keep learning new features as you get more familiar with the
framework.

I'm currently bringing the documentation up to date. All the docs
where written for tiOPF ver.1.  A few things have changed in tiOPF
ver.2, but for the better. Easier unit and class names, lots of code
cleanup, etc. but the basic functionality is still the same.

To work with the framework, I would say you have to work through the
Concept Documentation - Chapters 1, 2 and 3 and actually write the
code examples. This will lay the groundwork of how the framework was
built and how the Visitor pattern is used.  The Visitor pattern is the
hart of the framework.

Then for any other support questions you can always post them to the
support newsgroup (see the website for details). The support newsgroup
also has a 5+ year history which is a goldmine of information.

Regards,
 - Graeme -