On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 11:33:43 -0400
"Hess, Philip J" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> (1) General status of widgetset's Win API support. There are lots
> >> of TODO's and "implement this" in gtkwinapi.inc and even
> >> win32winapi.inc doesn't appear to be complete. Win API support is
> >> one gauge of how well many 3rd-party Delphi components would be
> >> supported on Lazarus.
>
> >What do you mean with win32winapi.inc doesn't appear to be complete?
>

> Maybe TODO means something different to you than it does to me. There
> are a lot of TODO's in win32winapi.inc, which tells me that it's not
> complete.

IMO most of those TODO comments are obsolete. Maybe a win32 devel can
take a look and update the comments.

> Also, these functions are defined in the LCL winapi.inc, but not
> implemented even in win32:
>
> GetMapMode
> SetMapMode
> SetTextAlign

Thanks for the hint. I removed them.

> There are probably others.
>
> All functions defined in winapi.inc should be implemented in all
> widgetsets, even if just stubs. And if stubs, they should at least
> use DebugLn or even raise an exception so programmers are notified
> that they're not implemented.

That's true for the complete interfaces like win32 and gtk1.
The others are under construction anyway.
Maybe in a few months gtk2 and qt will stabilize enough to change to
the above policy too.

Mattias