delphi's choice tdatasource.png has never been familiar to me: this
might be the right time to make a different choice.
Since it is important to distinguish a dataset to a datasource, so I would use:

tdatasource1.png as a base for a generic dataset, which is then
specialized with 3 letters on it: "SQL" if it is a query, "TDF", "MEM"
and so on

tdatasource2.png for datasource

and I would leave the bitmap of a grid only for grids.

my .02

R#

--
 Ing. Roberto Padovani