*3 votes for tdatasource.png
**4 votes for tdatasource1.png
**6 votes for tdatasource2.png*

I propose a test with discs

--
Laurent.

My Components: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Wile64
French Forum : http://lazforum-fr.tuxfamily.org/index.php
I don't mind which you use as a dataset base, but the database / dataset / datasource relationship really needs to be maintained. If you use the disks as a database, perhaps you could have a section of the disks coloured ( for example ) red to indicate a dataset, ie a selection of the database. (No arrows). You could add the text to show specific dataset types, as is done currently. You then have the same thing with the arrows (but not the text) to show a datasource. Does that make sense ? I can try to draw it if you like, but I am no graphic designer. To use one of the suggested icons as a dataset and another as a datasource would not keep the relationship at all - they would look like alternative ways of performing the same function

cheers,
John Sunderland.