On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:27:03 +0100
Vincent Snijders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner schreef:
> > On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 13:23:11 +0100
> > Vincent Snijders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Good point. It probably should.
> >
> > I added this in 13473.
> >

> It did not work on windows. I fixed things in r13479, so that Lazarus
> can be started again, but maybe I 'fixed' too much.
>
> I think startlazarus (i.e. the lazarus manager) should not add "
> around its parameters. The single quotes in --primary-config-path=bla
> passed to startlazarus when restarting were in the wrong place.
> Further if you pass --primary-config-path='c:\lazarus', Lazarus wants
> to create a test file "'c:\lazarus'\compilertest.pas" (double quotes
> are mine). Note that the ' are not removed from the path.

You are right.
It seems under windows TProcess does not handle " and ', but simply
passes the entire commandline to CreateProcess, so it is up to program
to handle " and ' correct. According to msdn this is normal under
windows.

IMO " and ' should be handled by the IDE/startlazarus/lazbuild on
windows. This is not needed under unix platforms, although it will not
hurt.

Mattias