Joost van order Sluis wrote:
Op woensdag 06-02-2008 om 10:16 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Alex du
Plessis:
Vincent Snijders wrote:
Alex du Plessis schreef:
I certainly did - and in the library file directory one only finds the libpq.a file no libpq.dll

That is a bit strange. Did previous version install a dll?

Vincent

I've downloaded postgres for windows, and it does contain the libpq.dll
file. You'll have probably done something wrong. (Maybe the installer
doesn't install this client by default, and you didn't checked it?)

http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp?file=%2Fbinary%2Fv8.3.0%2Fwin32%2Fpostgresql-8.3.0-2-binaries-no-installer.zip

Joost.

Thank you everyone for all your input. It seems I am the only one experiencing this problem which means I probably have something nasty (or just unknown to me) lurking on my disk drive.

These files redefined rename in some way or another. Aah well, I needed to do a reinstall of my whole system anyway.

I will reinstall everything (from OS up) and report back as soon as I'm up and running again.(backups of course will be the order of the day).

Thanx for your effort

Alex du Plessis